Graduates of a Canadian Residency Program

If you’re a new graduate from one of our residency programs in Ontario, you’re likely aware of the process of applying for CPSO registration. If you graduated from outside of Ontario, you’ll want to contact the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario for information about applying for registration.

International Medical Graduates

In order to be eligible for physician opportunities in Hamilton, you must be issued a license authorizing the practice of Medicine from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).

All physicians who are from outside of Canada and want to work in the province of Ontario can apply for assessment of their credentials and obtain advice on registration/licensing in Ontario by contacting HealthForceOntario, which is located in Toronto. Their website is

If you have completed a residency and obtained specialty certification in Canada or the U.S., you can contact the HealthForceOntario Recruitment & Relocation Department for assistance. If you email your CV and questions to you will be assigned an advisor.

Working here - Licensing

Once your eligibility to be licensed in Ontario has been determined, we’d be delighted to discuss opportunities to practice Family Medicine in Hamilton.